March 26, 2020
Stay at Home Order for COVID-19- What does this mean for our business?
Day-boarding (daycare) and overnight boarding are considered either essential services or critical services (by Boulder county and the State of Colorado). So we can continue to offer these.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer grooming services until the stay-at-home order is lifted as grooming is not considered an essential or critical service. Sorry to say we have to cancel all grooming services until further notice.
We can schedule the following:
-Add-on walks (for pups at our facility)
We will continue to assess the need for our services and risks in the coming days and keep you posted.
Below are links to:
Colorado Stay-at-Home order.
March 17, 2020
Dear Happy Hounds Universe,
We hope this message finds you and your families healthy and safe! Our doors are currently open and will remain open as long as we SAFELY can.
Our goal is to help keep our community, staff, and clients as safe as possible while continuing to provide these needed services. Below is our plan on how to do so amid this pandemic.
- Sick clients and staff members need to stay home. If you need your dog to come to daycare while you are ill, please have a healthy friend or neighbor drop them off.
- We are temporarily offering valet service. If you would like to bring your dog but are concerned about entering a crowded lobby, we are happy to meet you at your vehicle to get your dog. To do this, call us when you arrive outside, and we will be out as soon as we can. Please be patient if you choose to take advantage of this option.
- Payments can be handled through Gingr (if you have a credit card on file) or over the phone.You can apply boarding deposits, pay invoices, add account credits, and make service requests online, all via the customer portal in Gingr. If you don’t already access Gingr online, email us. We can help you get set up!
- If you prefer to come in and drop off, that’s fine too. However we ask that no more than 4 customers congregate in the lobby at one time. If the weather is beautiful, enjoy some fresh Colorado air until someone else leaves the lobby. We will do our best to get you in and out as fast as possible. If you need to schedule additional services, send us an email or give us a call later after you’ve dropped off.
Expanded Disinfection Efforts:
- We have sourced a new disinfectant that uses accelerated hydrogen peroxide, which is proven to kill enveloped viruses like COVID-19. This product works faster to kill bacteria and viruses on contact and is safe to use around humans and pets.
- We are instituting additional cleaning measures inside our facility.
- Disinfecting the items & surfaces in the lobby that our customers and staff touch the most a minimum of four times per day.
- Disinfecting the individual leash storage cubbies after each use.
- Daily disinfecting the shelving used to store client food containers and other items.
- Disinfecting all other common areas more frequently.
- Suggesting our staff wear gloves to minimize contact with germs.
Unfortunately there is misinformation out there about this outbreak and we want to make sure you have the facts to keep yourself healthy. Below are links to trusted resources where we feel you can get accurate information! We hope you find this information valuable. We also encourage you to share it with others!
- FAQs Compiled by the Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Colorado State University
We don’t yet know the extent to which this outbreak will affect our business. However, most spring break boardings have canceled, and daycare numbers are down approximately 50%. We don’t anticipate a closure, but this is a very uncertain situation for us. We know it is for you and your family as well. We will keep you updated if things change on our end.
As always, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Thank you and be well,
Olivia, Brian and the entire Happy Hounds crew.