May 8th, 2020
Starting Saturday, May 9th, 2020, we can officially begin offering grooming services again! No more Freddy Krueger nails! Or swimming in shedded fur. 🙂 We will be taking reservations for all grooming services listed on our website (https://happyhoundscolorado.com/dog-wash/).
That being said, we do need to communicate the new order coming from Boulder County on the use of PPE. Effective 5/9/2020-5/26/2020 Boulder County has issued a public health order requiring everyone in the county to wear a face mask when 6ft. social distancing cannot be followed.
For your safety and that of our staff, we ask that you wear a facial cover if you want to enter the lobby. If you can’t or prefer not to wear one, please wait outside and we will be right with you. We will also continue to offer curbside service for the foreseeable future.
Thank you for your patronage. We apologize for any inconvenience our enforcement of the county order might impose upon you. We are just trying to do our best for everyone and abide by the policies set forth by the ‘authorities that be.”
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us.
Stay safe, friends!
March 31, 2020
Services Still Offered
Fortunately, all of our services except grooming are considered ‘essential’ services falling under Healthcare Operations (See the ‘BoCo Public Health Order‘ for more specifics).
We can continue sell retail items and take reservations for:
-Add-on Dog Walks
With boarding services virtually eliminated right now due to travel restrictions, we will not be scheduling staff on Sundays unless we have dogs boarding with us. All phone and email messages will be responded to first thing Monday morning.
For the safety of our staff and customers, we are asking that all clients now use curbside valet service for drop-offs & pick-ups. Our lobby will remain open to you during normal business hours but our goal is to limit the frequency of people visiting the lobby.
There are three ways you can contact us once you arrive out front:
1) Call Us @ 303-774-8158. Depending on the number of other folks calling us, you might have to leave a message.
2) Text Us @ 720-619-6183. NOTE for this to work:
-You will need to be an existing customer who has opted into ALL SMS communications on your Gingr account. (Visit the Gingr Client Portal)
-Either the Primary (Mobile Phone) or Secondary Numbers on your account can be used to text if they are mobile numbers.
-Please add a text signature. It will slow us down if we don’t know who you are. Example: Just pulled up with Dunkin & Donut- Susan Dough
-Texts are limited to 160 characters, so please email or call for longer communications.
3) Email Us @ email@example.com.
While we will be watching out front and checking all communications sources frequently, we do ask for your patience in this process. During busy times we will do our best to help clients in the order in which they arrive out front, but know that this may not always work perfectly.
Payments & Packages
Payments- For our valet service to run smoothly, we do want to remind you that the ability to save a credit card on file with us exists. You can add this card yourself via your Gingr Client Portal. Or you can have us add it for you! Once you have a credit card on file you can do the following all from your portal:
-Pay open invoices
-Add account credits
-Pay boarding deposits
-Remove or modify your credit card on file.
Packages- we will be extending the expiration dates on all client packages. Because the process of applying this extension is specific to each client’s active package, we are researching the ability to turn off the expiration notifications you may receive in the meantime. Until we figure this out, please know that your packages will not expire anytime soon. We realize some of you may not be able to use them now and will have your credits available when you can return.
March 26, 2020
Stay at Home Order for COVID-19- What does this mean for our business?
Day-boarding (daycare) and overnight boarding are considered either essential services or critical services (by Boulder county and the State of Colorado). So we can continue to offer these.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer grooming services until the stay-at-home order is lifted as grooming is not considered an essential or critical service. Sorry to say we have to cancel all grooming services until further notice.
We can schedule the following:
-Add-on walks (for pups at our facility)
We will continue to assess the need for our services and risks in the coming days and keep you posted.
Below are links to:
Colorado Stay-at-Home order.
March 17, 2020
Dear Happy Hounds Universe,
We hope this message finds you and your families healthy and safe! Our doors are currently open and will remain open as long as we SAFELY can.
Our goal is to help keep our community, staff, and clients as safe as possible while continuing to provide these needed services. Below is our plan on how to do so amid this pandemic.
- Sick clients and staff members need to stay home. If you need your dog to come to daycare while you are ill, please have a healthy friend or neighbor drop them off.
- We are temporarily offering valet service. If you would like to bring your dog but are concerned about entering a crowded lobby, we are happy to meet you at your vehicle to get your dog. To do this, call us when you arrive outside, and we will be out as soon as we can. Please be patient if you choose to take advantage of this option.
- Payments can be handled through Gingr (if you have a credit card on file) or over the phone.You can apply boarding deposits, pay invoices, add account credits, and make service requests online, all via the customer portal in Gingr. If you don’t already access Gingr online, email us. We can help you get set up!
- If you prefer to come in and drop off, that’s fine too. However we ask that no more than 4 customers congregate in the lobby at one time. If the weather is beautiful, enjoy some fresh Colorado air until someone else leaves the lobby. We will do our best to get you in and out as fast as possible. If you need to schedule additional services, send us an email or give us a call later after you’ve dropped off.
Expanded Disinfection Efforts:
- We have sourced a new disinfectant that uses accelerated hydrogen peroxide, which is proven to kill enveloped viruses like COVID-19. This product works faster to kill bacteria and viruses on contact and is safe to use around humans and pets.
- We are instituting additional cleaning measures inside our facility.
- Disinfecting the items & surfaces in the lobby that our customers and staff touch the most a minimum of four times per day.
- Disinfecting the individual leash storage cubbies after each use.
- Daily disinfecting the shelving used to store client food containers and other items.
- Disinfecting all other common areas more frequently.
- Suggesting our staff wear gloves to minimize contact with germs.
Unfortunately there is misinformation out there about this outbreak and we want to make sure you have the facts to keep yourself healthy. Below are links to trusted resources where we feel you can get accurate information! We hope you find this information valuable. We also encourage you to share it with others!
- FAQs Compiled by the Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Colorado State University
We don’t yet know the extent to which this outbreak will affect our business. However, most spring break boardings have canceled, and daycare numbers are down approximately 50%. We don’t anticipate a closure, but this is a very uncertain situation for us. We know it is for you and your family as well. We will keep you updated if things change on our end.
As always, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Thank you and be well,
Olivia, Brian and the entire Happy Hounds crew.