Luxury & Standard Boarding
We understand how hard it is to leave your dog with strangers when you go out of town. At Happy Hounds we pride ourselves on offering a better overnight boarding experience for your dog than you will find at a typical boarding kennel.
We have only 13 luxury suites and 19 standard boarding lodges which makes for a much smaller, less stressful situation for dogs staying with us. Each suite is furnished with a comfortable platform bed, a TV, and a clean, home-like interior. Each lodge has a raised platform floor, privacy panels, and relaxing music plays all night in the lodge area. During the day eligible guests have fun playing in daycare. At dinnertime, they head back to their climate-controlled rooms to eat, rest and watch TV or listen to relaxing music. Each dog gets a final potty break before bedtime as well. For no extra charge, we are happy to accommodate special diets and medications your dog might require.
To get jump start on your pups enrollment CLICK HERE! Note: A trial day will be required for boarders joining our daycare groups during their boarding. All dogs must be up-to-date on Rabies, Distemper, and Parvovirus (for puppies) vaccinations prior to their first visit. See more details about our boarding policies below…
- Trial Day:
- Before you schedule your first boarding with us, we need to have your dog come hang out with us for a day of daycare. This gives us a chance to see how they interact with the other dogs, and also benefits them because they have spent a few hours with us before coming to stay overnight. If your dog has already attended daycare with us, please simply contact us with the dates of your boarding to check availability. Proof of required vaccinations will be required prior to this first day with us.
- A 25% deposit at the time of booking will be requested to secure a boarding spot. This deposit is refundable if your boarding is cancelled within 48 hours of drop off for non-holiday boardings, or 14 days for holiday boardings. Should you choose to not place a deposit, keep in mind if we become fully booked and your dog may lose their reservation!
- Drop off/Pick up Times:
- Boarding is per day (24 hours). Additional daycare charges apply after 24 hours on the final day of a reservation. Monday – Friday you may drop off/ pick up your dog from 6:30 am-Noon and 2 pm-6:30 pm. Saturdays from 9am-5pm. Sundays between 9-10 am or 5-6 pm. Please let us know which time you would like so that we can have your dog and their belongings ready for departure. Also, there are some Sundays when there are no scheduled departures. If we do not know you are coming, our doors may not be open!
- We are CLOSED for drop off & pick up on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. Your dog may be picked up the following business day.
- Owners must bring their dog’s own food in a resealable container. We recommend bringing extra food. This allows for the increase in activity your dog will experience while playing every day and any unforeseen changes in your travel plans. If you happen to run out of food, we will provide a healthy house food at a charge of $1 per cup.
- Per the Colorado Department of Agriculture requirements, we MUST have in our possession the original prescription or manufacturer container for any medications and supplements we give to your dog. It is acceptable to separate those meds into a pill organizer for dispensing as long as you also include the original bottles with their belongings. We are NOT allowed to administer medications without possession of the original prescription container.