Luxury & Standard Boarding
We understand how hard it is to leave your dog with strangers when you go out of town. At Happy Hounds we pride ourselves on offering a better overnight boarding experience for your dog than you will find at a typical boarding kennel.
We have only 13 luxury suites and 19 standard boarding lodges which makes for a much smaller, less stressful situation for dogs staying with us. Each suite is furnished with a comfortable platform bed, a TV, and a clean, home-like interior. Each lodge has a raised platform floor, privacy panels, and relaxing music plays all night in the lodge area. During the day eligible guests have fun playing in daycare. At dinnertime, they head back to their climate-controlled rooms to eat, rest and watch TV or listen to relaxing music. Each dog gets a final potty break before bedtime as well. For no extra charge, we are happy to accommodate special diets and medications your dog might require. Facilities are monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Boarding dogs that partake in daycare as a part of their stay must come for at least one day of daycare before they can board with us. This day will serve as an evaluation of your dog’s suitability to join in off-leash playgroups. Copies of vaccination records showing your dog is current on Rabies, Distemper, and Parvovirus (for puppies) will be required prior to the first visit. All dogs nine months and older must be spayed or neutered. See more details about our boarding policies below…
Online Enrollment – CLICK HERE!
Facility Hours & Pricing – CLICK HERE.
Please call us to schedule a tour!
- Daycare Participation:
- Boardings include participation in daycare. However, all dogs interested in joining our off-leash play groups while boarding, must come for a day of daycare prior to boarding. A discounted rate is applied for this day (see hours & pricing page). This first day must be scheduled in advance and will involve an evaluation, so we can get to know your pup’s likes, dislikes, and overall temperament to determine his or her suitability for off-leash group play. Please plan to spend a few minutes when you first arrive to go over your dog’s background with our staff. Proof of vaccinations will be required prior to this first day with us. Dogs deemed unsuitable for off-leash play are not automatically excluded from boarding with us. Please contact us to discuss no-play boarding options.
- A 25% deposit at the time of booking will be requested to secure a boarding spot. This deposit is refundable if your boarding is cancelled within 48 hours of drop off for non-holiday boardings, or 14 days for holiday boardings. Should you choose to not place a deposit, keep in mind if we become fully booked your dog may lose their reservation!
- Drop off/Pick up Times:
- Boarding is per day (24 hours). Additional daycare charges apply after 24 hours on the final day of a reservation. Monday – Friday you may drop off/ pick up your dog from 6:30 am-Noon and 2 pm-6:30 pm. Saturdays from 9am-5pm. Sundays between 9-10 am or 5-6 pm.
- We are CLOSED weekdays between 12pm-2pm. We are CLOSED on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. Your dog may be picked up the following business day. While our lobby is closed to the public on these days, our Dog Care Staff is here taking care of the pups 365 days per year.
- Owners must bring their dog’s own food in a resealable container. We recommend bringing extra food. This allows for the increase in activity your dog will experience while playing every day and any unforeseen changes in your travel plans. If you happen to run out of food, we will provide a healthy house food at a charge of $1 per cup.
- Per the Colorado Department of Agriculture requirements, we MUST have in our possession the original prescription or manufacturer container for any medications and supplements we give to your dog. It is acceptable to separate those meds into a pill organizer for dispensing as long as you also include the original bottles with their belongings. We are NOT allowed to administer medications without possession of the original prescription container.